Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Week of September 7th

I did get some stuff done this week but a lot of it was related to revising a story I had workshopped this week and working on a new story, which will probably end up being the next one I turn in to be workshopped. I also wrote 3088 words on the new novel and I sent in one submission.

I’ve been slowing down dramatically with the new novel and I think it’s in part due to school having started back up and to just generally being a much busier person. But I think it’s also that I’m starting to think more about my thesis again and I’m getting anxious to get back to work on that. I’m meeting with the head of my thesis committee on Tuesday to discuss her thoughts on the current draft and another member of my committee is currently reading it. So very soon I should have a load of feedback to think about and decide what to do with. I expect working on the first draft of the new novel will feel less and less important in the coming weeks and months.

For the month:

  1. 8,077 out of 15,000 words on new novel (44,576 total – about halfway through)
  2. 1 out of 10 submissions

No comments: