Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Week of September 1st

I’ve had kind of a slow week writingwise with school starting full force. One thing about being in an MFA program: the new semester jump starts with homework already due by the first day. It makes sense, because at this level we should be serious enough about our studies not to have a problem with not easing in, but it also means that the week before school starts, school has basically already started. I got some work done on the new novel and I also got some work done on a children’s book I’m working on but that’s it, the rest of my time I’ve been dealing with the class I’m teaching and the classes I’m taking (and some paperwork I have to get done so I can graduate on time).

At any rate, this week I:

  1. Wrote 4,989 words out of 15,000 on the new novel (it’s at 41, 488 total)
  2. Sent out 0 out of 10 submissions

No comments: