Friday, August 1, 2008

End of July 2008

I had a very productive month and am ending with a definite feeling of accomplishment. I finished the third draft of my novel and really feel like it’s a strong one. I’m ready now to have some early readers take a look at it, which is an exciting but also scary stage to be moving in to.

Got another agent rejection, although this one was an encouraging ‘this idea is very interesting but it’s not right for me’ (which in a way is a bad sign that I didn’t do my homework well enough but it’s still nice to know that this agent thinks it’s a good idea, anyway).

I’m ending the month having met all my goals, with:

1. 19 out of 19 novel chapters revised (third draft completed!)
2. 20 out of 20 hours spent on short stories
3. 10 out of 10 submissions sent to journals
4. 19 out of as many as possible queries sent to agents (and received 5 rejections; 1 manuscript request)

No comments: