Monday, July 14, 2008

Agent Update

Well, the very day after posting my thoughts on how it's pretty much impossible to get anywhere by querying agents and I'm assuming this will just be a good learning experience for me, I recieved a manuscript request from one of the agents I queried. Now, this doesn't mean she'll offer representation; it just means that she's willing to read the full book and decide from there. But I feel really excited, anyway. Even if she ultimately decides it's not for her, I feel good about having gotten to that next step with someone. And who knows . . . maybe she'll love it and want to represent me. I feel much better about my chances of finding an agent, now, and feel refreshed at the knowledge that it is possible, after all, to get someone interested just from a query. Of course now if she rejects it I can't blame it on anything but the work itself . . . but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

The trick now is going to be to try to push this to the back of my mind and not think about it until I hear back from her. Like that's possible.

No comments: